Monday, November 17, 2008

Turkey Time!

And no, I don't mean Thanksgiving! I mean Mason, our little turkey. While he is a pretty good little boy, he is getting a little too sassy for his own good at times--and not even one year old yet! For example, he likes to laugh when we tell him no, look right at me and start doing what I just told him not to do, and take partially chewed food and throw it on the floor when he's full. I have to admit that sometimes I have to fight off laughter (or hide it) because it's sometimes amusing to see his little methods of pushing mommy's buttons. However, mostly it fills me with fear because it means I must start learning how to discipline! But like everything else we've learned in the past year, I know it will come one day at a time through prayer and wise counsel of those who have gone before us. Boy am I thankful for that this Thanksgiving...and I'm so thankful for my little turkey too!

There's not a lot new with the Gaulkes the last couple weeks, and Mason mostly moves too quickly these days to catch anything on camera. But I did manage to catch a few glimpses of his daily activities, including a video of him saying one of his favorite words.


The car seat is fun as long as we don't try to strap him in it!
He loves Mommy's brush. Unfortunately today it got stuck in his hair when he was trying to brush it--must have had some jelly in it from breakfast!

Some dirty clothes and a spatula...is there more to life?

Quack-quack!

3 comments:

Darath said...

Welcome to the meal-time slingshot contest, Mason! Malik would be willing to participate in a distance contest any time :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the little teeth!

roduns said...

Cak cak! So cute! What a yummy morsel! Funny, Ethan's word for quack is "duck, duck" ... It is like he has combined the name of the animal with its sound.