Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mr. Clean

Feather duster: $.97
Windshield squeegee: $2.50
The sheer joy of a "dusting" 1-year-old: priceless

Mason has a new favorite pasttime, and last night it reached a new level. He has loved to watch me sweep and mop for a long time, but now he is taking matters into his own hands. A couple weeks ago I bought him a windshield squeegee at Walmart, which just happens to look exactly like a miniature mop--the perfect size for Mason! He has been doing his share of mopping. In the middle of all this, he also developed an affection for washing things in the sink, especially if he gets to use the dish wand. Well, we were back at Walmart yesterday and needed a bit of a distraction, so I let him carry around a cheap feather duster. It was less than a dollar, so I figured I could splurge on that one. Last night Brent swept up the floor after supper with the mini broom and dustpan, and Mason couldn't wait to get his hands on it. So he walked around the whole evening with the feather duster in one hand and the little broom or dustpan in the other. And I mean the WHOLE evening. We couldn't even pry them out of his little hands at bedtime, so we gave up...see slideshow. :) He's for hire if anyone needs a little tidying up! (Just don't ask him to use the vacuum...)

5 comments:

roduns said...

Cute pictures! He really is serious about tidying things up. Taking it to bed is proof! Perhaps he and Ethan should start a janitor business ... :)

Michelle said...

Reminds me of when Micah's favorite toys were mini whisk and an empty glass jar. Good memories!

Anonymous said...

Beth- are you aware that there are child labor laws prohibiting this sort of stuff!?! :)

Darath said...

Mason, you always make me smile!

Unknown said...

Please sign me up for Mason's cleaning service. I HATE to dust and have no problem letting a 15 month old do the job (ignore Debra...she doesn't know what she's talking about). And, as always, he is toooooooo cute!!!