Sunday, July 27, 2008

Central Iowa Tour





Saturday was a big day for the Gaulke family. In just one day we attended our first "inurnment," joined the Gaulke clan for the annual reunion, hung out at Grandpa & Grandma Gaulke's in Indianola, and I even squeezed in a bridal shower (barely) and bachelorette party for my friend and cousin Kristin, who is getting married in August. That meant leaving home at 7:00 am and returning to P-town around 11:30 pm. Points on our tour included Indianola, Clarion, Dows, Nevada, Indianola again, Grimes, Indianola again & Pella. Watch for details from next week's Southeast Iowa Tour as we head to Swedesburg to join the Easter clan (Brent's mom's side)... :)

While we somewhat dreaded having such a busy day, it really was a good day and we were glad to see family, especially Brent's aunts, uncles and cousin from the East Coast. Mason did well in the car and really had a lot of fun (as he usually does when he is the center of attention!). He even got to enjoy the Indianola Balloon Classic on Saturday night. (I've never even done that!) I thought I would include some fun photos of his adventures with Uncle Charlie and Cousin Katie!


4 comments:

Tiff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiff said...

Mason appears to be doing his "toothless old man" face in most of these pictures. Amazing how he can be cute as a bug no matter what face he's making! Can't wait to see further updates on your day to day life--especially the pictures!

Love, Aunt Tiffy

P.S. You may only call me Tiffy if you are shorter than me AND I am your aunt. Or if you're shorter than me and you're my grandma! :)

Erik Fisher said...

Wow a trip to Clarion is a big day in itself!!! Love the site and pictures of Mason.

Fisher

roduns said...

Ha! Toothless old man! That cracks me up. He's the cutest toothless old man I've ever seen!

I love my friends. I love my friends' kids. I love blogs. This is like a beautiful symphony. :)

G is for Great!