Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Let's Give a Round of Applause for...Well, for Everything

It happened Sunday morning. To be honest, I wasn't really paying attention to Mason as I sat in the chair reading and he played on the floor. But then I heard it. The sound of two little hands smacking together. It was a clap--an audible clap! Oh, I had already written about Mason's first clap in his baby book--don't worry about that. (What mom isn't keeping up with her child's baby book? Ha!) But it was one of those entries that I almost felt guilty about because the clap was really pretty weak. The concept was there, but we definitely had some work to do.

(No offense, buddy, but the fists somewhat randomly knocking together wasn't quite the real thing. I know you were trying, and it was very cute! How is it, by the way, that as a first-time mom I have such a strong desire for my son to clap? As if he's not going to someday learn that. Whew! He learned to clap, on to college! Anyway, enough of my side notes...)

The first real clap was very cute and accompanied by a wide-eyed smile. And now we clap for everything. Wave bye-bye, Mason. Clapping. Eat lunch, Mason. Clapping. Sit on the floor, Mason. Clapping. It's so sweet. I'm not kidding. Lots of random clapping.

The last few days he has also added some sort of smile that requires squinting your eyes and sometimes also spitting. Believe it or not, that is also adorable. In case you can't picture it, I've included a photo of the squint-spitting.

4 comments:

roduns said...

He is such a hamball! Nice new picture face. Hope that doesn't stick for his next portrait session.

Unknown said...

Following in his father's footsteps with the clapping, I see! :) When are you going to let him come live with me...er, I mean come visit me?

Anonymous said...

There is NO WAY Mason can be that big already! What a handsome little man. :)

Also- Lisa is wrong, he's coming to live with.. oops, visit me, NOT her!

Jerod, Leah, Cayla, Eliana, and Zoey said...

Okay, I'm dying here because Brent is, of course, such a fan of clapping! Awesome!