Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend Adventures!

Swedesburg or Bust!
This weekend's first adventure was our Southeast Iowa Tour. It was our annual Swedesburg gathering of the Swenson clan, which is Brent's mom's side of the family. It's always great to see everyone...and snack constantly from all the yummy treats people bring right up until the time we gather for a huge supper. (Thankfully we also got TONS of exercise because we played tennis on the Wii and did a little DDR as well, so I'm sure it all evened out!) It was a fun day and thankfully not as hot as we thought it might be!

Mason's second cousin Ava, who is 2, loves babies, so she was quite taken with Mason for awhile. It was very cute. "He wants me," she would say. I had to include a picture of them together.
Boating with Buddies
Our second adventure was on Lake Red Rock Sunday afternoon with the Punts & the Dunsbergens. With three children under 18 months on the boat, it went surprisingly well! Mason hates wearing his life vest because it basically swallows him whole, so hopefully next year when he's a little bigger he will be a bit more comfortable. He did enjoy the water with Daddy for a little while, though, before the scream fest began. (I think I could actually hear him saying, "Get this thing off me!" I can't be sure, but...) In the end, Mason fell asleep, which I could not believe, especially because the water was somewhat rough as we were cruising back to the boat ramp.

Floating with Daddy

Some quality time on the boat with Mommy after I could no longer stand my life jacket (we won't pay attention to whatever Mommy's hair is doing!)

Daddy & Mason have some serious "boat hair"

3 comments:

roduns said...

Those pictures from the boat made me smile. A tie between Mason's look of disgust in the life jacket (contrasted with Brent's happy grin) and then the boat hair. Anyone else notice Mason showing off his paci? Ha ha!

Tiff said...

I sure hope the little man did not inherit his mommy's (and Aunt Tiffy's) lack of love for the water! Because what a waste it would be to be able to look so darn cute, even with boat hair, and let that quality go to waste.

We love you Mason -- toothless grins, squinty smiles, boat hair and all!

Sheila said...

I'm LOVING the boat hair pic!! Awesome!! Kyle, Chloe and I always have wonderful boat hair too!!