Friday, December 19, 2008

Mason's Snow Day

I don't mind snow (for awhile), but I'm bummed about our most recent storm. We were supposed to head to Algona tonight or tomorrow morning to be with Brent's extended family for Christmas, and instead we're staying home with nothing to do. It's a weird year because now we have no Christmas celebrations at all until the day after Christmas! But since I no longer have to pack to be gone for the weekend, today I decided we'd make the best of it and go outside to try Mason's new sled. He was less than excited about the seemingly endless process of getting ready to go outside--from diaper change to snow pants to boots to coat, hat and mittens--but once we got out there, it was all worth it! We took many laps around the yard, barked back at the neighbor dog and attempted to walk around on the crunchy ice/snow. Not only did Mason enjoy it, but it was quite a workout for me! We were out there for about 45 minutes. It was really fun! It had been a long time since this girl had played in the snow! And anything is more fun when I know my son is loving it too.

Bundled up and ready to play!All strapped in to his new sled.

Barking like the neighbor dog, who got excited when he saw our sled whizzing by!

Wishing he could get back in and ride just a little bit longer. Another day, Buddy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Mason's a snow lover! Now that's a kid after my own heart.