Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Recycled Roast

Since the weather is feeling like fall, I've got my crock pot out again to make some of those cool weather comfort foods. I made a roast for Sunday--so yummy with carrots and potatoes! And then Monday I recycled our roast, using a delicious method our friend Matt Dunsbergen shared with us last winter. (Thanks, Matt!) It's always so yummy, so I thought I'd share it with the world and not keep its deliciousness all to myself. Here it is...

Ingredients:
Shredded or cut up leftover roast
Bag of frozen mixed vegetables
Can of cream of mushroom soup
Tube of refrigerator biscuits

In crock pot stir together roast, veggies and soup. Cook on medium for 3-4 hours. 30-35 minutes before serving put biscuits on top of the meat mixture in the crock pot. For the doubter, the biscuits really will bake in the crock pot. They won't look brown like in the oven, but they bake just great.

And there you have a yummy, hearty casserole! Enjoy!

2 comments:

roduns said...

Mmmm. I want a roast! Thanks for reminding us of the recipe Matt shared ... sounds like I've got two future meals in mind ... perhaps one for the Iowa/ISU game. Mmmm.

Sheila said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe Beth!