Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Moments with Daddy


My apologies to those who are faithful followers of the Gaulke blog. I haven't been giving you much new material lately! Life has been crazy, but is hopefully slowing down now. A busy August is now over, and I'm ready to "get my feet under me" again, which hopefully means more frequent blog posts as well!

Mason loves his daddy, of course, so I thought it was time to get some good Daddy moments on the blog. I know Mason loves me, but it's just true that what daddy and son have is different in a special way. Brent already wrestles and tickles and tumbles around with Mason (in ways that I most often prefer not to watch as the cautious mother), and Mason loves it. He giggles and can't get enough. When Daddy's truck drives in the driveway, he knows and starts "talking" and getting excited. He knows his daddy loves him too. So, in honor of the special father/son bond, a few pics of Brent & Mason...



Being silly and "so big" at the same time!


See, Daddy, I'm this big!

Beeping Daddy's nose

Their favorite summer activity--bike rides! There's just one scary dog on the route, and after a couple times of dropping the paci on the pavement, Brent now remembers to clip the paci on! :)

3 comments:

roduns said...

Ooh, I totally want one of those bike seats! Where did you find that one? Of course, I am afraid that as clumsy as I can be, I would tip the both of us over ... :)

Ethan gets just as excited for Matt. He hears the garage door or the door open and he runs into the kitchen to meet him, chanting "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy." He has yet to do that for Mommy!

Michelle said...

So true! Dads do have a special way with the kids! Even Becca likes to get down of floor and horse around with dad!

Sheila said...

What cute pics of Mason and his Daddy! Chloe's newest thing (which is cute but gets kind of annoying after the 20th time) is to constantly be asking where daddy is (by putting her arms up in the air with a confused look on her face and saying "dadda?)" A special bond indeed for dads and their little ones:)