Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ode to My Hardworking Husband


Last night found my hubby working outside in the dark, feverishly trying to finish our awesome patio. He did it! It really is awesome, and he has put in many, many hours--often after already working his "real job" all day. So for that he deserves an ode, don't you think?

Ode to My Hardworking Man

How I love thee, my strong man,
for always working hard
Just to make our home a place
to rest and play in the yard!

A brownie sundae is not enough
to truly say a thank you
But it gave us something to celebrate--
and a sweet bedtime snack, too!

I'm really so thankful for all that you do
To make our life a joy
I've been given more than I deserve
With you and our little boy!

Here's to you, honey! Thanks for all your hard work! I love the patio...and I know the real reason you made it is to cuddle around the fire with me! :)

(I'll post a picture of the patio soon, too!)

No comments: